IN-PERSON CE EVENTS
For Opticians and support staff
There really is nothing like attending in-person live lectures, workshops and trade shows for your continuing education credits and professional development. While staying in the comfort of your own home can be tempting to earn your CEs, there are major benefits you’d be missing out on:
Like it or not, we all need to make connections to be successful in our work. In-person continuing education events offer tremendous opportunities for connecting with other Opticians and people working in the optical industry.
- Breaking routine, sparking passion
Meeting new people and hearing new ideas in another environment might just be what you need to be more inspired and excited about your work.
- Immediate and personal access to your professional associations, the speakers and the optical industry representatives who are present on site.
They will be more than happy to take the time to speak with you during breaks.
The Opticians Association of Canada is a well trusted continuing education provider who submits all its presentations for accreditation review by one or several of the following organizations depending on the event and its location:
- The National Association of Canadian Optician Regulators (for Opticians in AB, BC, MB, NB, NL, NS, PE & SK)
- The Ordre des opticiens d’ordonnances du Québec (for Opticians in QC)
- The College of Opticians of Ontario (for Opticians in ON)
- The Canadian Association of Optometrists.
How many credits/hours you earn for attending our events is determined by the presentations you attend, and the province you are licensed in. Credits/hours vary per province based on policies set by the Regulatory College in your province.
LIST OF 2020 IN-PERSON CE EVENTS
SAVE ON REGISTRATION FEES
Along with many other benefits, OAC members receive significant savings on registration fees for most OAC hosted events and many provincial Optician education events. CLICK HERE to become an OAC member.