College Of Opticians Of British-Columbia (COBC)
Professionals ensuring safe, quality vision care for all.
Regulating qualified competent Licensed Opticians in the public interest.
1. Professional - ensuring registrants fulfil the standards of practice and code of ethics.
2. Innovative - constantly improving opticianry competencies and increasing technological advancements.
3. Safety - ensuring registrants deliver quality, safe vision care.
4. Integrity - honest, credible and trustworthy at all times.
5. Dedicated - passionately committed to vigilant regulation of vision care services.
1. Registration - improving the regulation of opticians in BC
2. Quality assurance - ensuring opticians meet practice standards and remain competent to practice
3. Public awareness - educate the public about what to expect from an optician
4. Stakeholder relations - develop relationships with stakeholders to help the College achieve its vision and mission
5. Operations management - ensure the College's statutory programs are effective at meeting program mandates and are running efficiently
Dr. Milan Madhavji
|Milan Madhavji is an Oral Radiologist by trade and developer by passion. With the creation of successful, industry disrupting tech company already under his belt, Milan is reapplying his own lessons in bootstrapping to his latest venture, Specsy.
Milan's formal education is in dentistry (DMD 2006 from University of Manitoba) and Oral Radiology (MSc. 2010 from University of Toronto). However, most of the computer development knowledge used to build Canaray and Specsy is self-taught.